Learn about our fees and benefits that may apply to you.

Our Fees

The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) does not cover treatment with psychologists in a private setting. We offer the following services:



 sessions are typically 45 to 50 minutes

Psychoeducational assessments


full day of testing + analysis of test results + clinical report (effective August 1, 2024)

Psychiatry Consultation

Covered by OHIP

requires valid OHIP card and physician referral

Fees can be paid by e-transfer or credit card (or additionally by debit, cash or cheque at the office). 

Reimbursement Options

There are a number of ways to have your treatment costs reimbursed:

Safety badge icon

Extended Health Benefits

If you have an insurance plan through your employer (or through a spouse’s or parent’s employer), you may be entitled to reimbursement for “psychological services” or treatment with a “psychologist or psychological associate”. Plans vary from $300 to $10,000 per year, and you may wish to check the details before booking your first appointment.

Heart icon

Workplace Disability

If you are on short-term or long-term disability, you may be eligible for funded treatment through your insurer, if CBT has been recommended by your physician for the purposes of rehabilitation or preparation for return to work.

Western University Logo

Western University Students

If you are a full-time student at Western University and have not opted out of your health plan, you are automatically entitled to receive up to $750 per school year for psychological assessment and/or treatment with a psychologist of your choosing. Western students with a physical or mental disability may also be eligible for a $2,000 bursary for psychological services. Contact Services for Students with Disabilities at (519) 661-2147 for additional information and applications.

Fanshawe College Logo

Fanshawe College Students

Fanshawe students with a physical or mental disability may be eligible for a $2,000 bursary for psychological services. Contact Counselling & Accessibility Services at (519) 452-4282 for additional information and applications.

Government of Canada Logo

Income Tax Deduction

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) allows you to claim treatment with a psychologist as a medical expense on your income tax.

WSIB logo

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board

We help first responders dealing with PTSD and related problems to return to work. In some circumstances WSIB may provide financial support to help individuals receive the help they need. If you are a first responder with a WSIB claim, you can call your case worker to ask if you are entitled to psychological services. If so, they will communicate with Archways so that we can bill them directly.

Looking for help or information?